Pine Nut Pignoli Cookies (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
These cookies are made with a few ingredients and are loaded with healthy fats and minerals with Dastony Wild Pine Nut Butter as a key ingredient. The velvety pine nut butter pairs perfectly with almond flour to create a delicious, easy, gluten-free treat.
Pine Nut Pignoli Cookies
Makes 12-14 cookies
1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond flour
1 cup Dastony Pine Nut Butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 egg (can be subbed with a flax or chia egg if vegan)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, toast pine nuts for a couple minutes until you start to see some browning. Be
careful not to toast too much as these will go into the oven and cook some more later. Remove from
heat and set aside on a plate.
2. In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. Add in wet ingredients and mix until combined into a thick batter.
4. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill the dough before baking.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Once the dough is chilled, take out of the refrigerator and divide into 12-14 balls.
7. If you are using the toasted pine nuts, gently press each ball into the pine nuts and place on baking
8. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
Amy is a registered yoga instructor and food lover. She loves to get creative in the kitchen and prioritizes better-for-you ingredients as she believes, what we put into our bodies impacts our entire being. When we feel our best, we can show up as the best versions of ourselves. Amy’s passion is sharing inspiration so others can find joy and balance in their lives. Follow along with her @cocoforavocados on Instagram.