How to Make Vegan Caccio e Peppe with Brazil Nut Butter
This recipe replicates the creaminess of Caccio e Peppe without the dairy and is a great source of healthy fats. Brazil nuts have a buttery texture and nutty flavor making the Dastony Brazil Nut Butter a great option for this creamy pasta sauce.
Vegan Caccio e Peppe
½ cup Dastony Brazil Nut Butter
¼ cup nut milk of choice
2 tsp salt (divided)
2 ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp nutritional yeast
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 package spaghetti noodles (gluten free works here too)
1. Prepare noodles according to package instructions adding 1 tsp salt to boiling water and 2 smashed
2. Drain pasta and reserve pasta water. Add olive oil to noodles and sprinkle with a little salt (this helps
season the noodles as well as keeps them from sticking).
3. In a small saucepan, add remaining ingredients (Dastony Brazil Nut Butter, nut milk, 1 tsp salt, black pepper, white vinegar, and nutritional yeast). Add 1 ½ cups of reserved pasta water to sauce.
4. Mix sauce into pasta. Adding more pasta water as needed to get to a consistency of your liking.
5. Serve topped with more fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!
Amy is a registered yoga instructor and food lover. She loves to get creative in the kitchen and prioritizes better-for-you ingredients as she believes, what we put into our bodies impacts our entire being. When we feel our best, we can show up as the best versions of ourselves. Amy’s passion is sharing inspiration so others can find joy and balance in their lives. Follow along with her @cocoforavocados on Instagram.