Gooey Gluten-free Butterscotch Cookie Skillet
The Dastony Cashew Butter makes this cookie skillet creamy and rich! Top it off with a scoop of your favorite nice cream for the ultimate dessert. I used an 8” cast iron skillet and this recipe makes 2 servings in this size. You can make one larger skillet or multiple depending on the size of your container.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup Dastony Cashew Butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 egg (can substitute 1 flax egg)
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon powder
¼ cup butterscotch flavored baking chips
½ cup roughly chopped pecans (optional but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
3. Add in the wet ingredients ( Dastony Cashew Butter , egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract). Mix well.
4. Fold in butterscotch baking chips and chopped pecans.
5. Lightly grease cast iron skillet. Press batter into skillet and smooth out with spatula.
6. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
8. Top with ice cream and drizzle of caramel for a truly memorable dessert!
Amy is a registered yoga instructor and food lover. She loves to get creative in the kitchen and prioritizes better-for-you ingredients as she believes, what we put into our bodies impacts our entire being. When we feel our best, we can show up as the best versions of ourselves. Amy’s passion is sharing inspiration so others can find joy and balance in their lives. Follow along with her @cocoforavocados on Instagram.