Creamy Vegan Squash Enchiladas
When the weather starts to cool down, we tend to gravitate towards more comforting and warm meals.
Cozy up with these vegan enchiladas that will leave you feeling nourished and satiated due to the levels of fiber found in the squash and cashew butter. Squash is also an excellent source of beta carotene and vitamin C, helping keep your immunity high.
Creamy Vegan Squash Enchilada
1 squash (~2 lbs. I used kabocha squash in this recipe, but butternut squash would work nicely as well!
½ medium onion
2 garlic cloves
½ cup coconut milk
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tsp seasoning mix (see below)
½ cup Dastony Cashew Butter
½ cup water
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
6-8 tortillas (I used almond flour tortillas, but you can use your favorite kind)
For the seasoning mix
½ tsp pink Himalayan Sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp dry oregano
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ancho chili powder
½ tsp paprika
1. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut squash into large chunks and add to baking sheet along with the onion and garlic. Drizzle with
olive oil and season with ½ tsp of seasoning mix.
3. Bake cut side down for about 30 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.
4. Prepare enchilada sauce. In a blender, add 2 cups of oven roasted squash (scooped out), coconut milk,
water, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, Dastony Cashew Butter, apple cider vinegar, and remining
seasoning mix (3 tsp). Blend until creamy.
5. Cut remaining squash into small cubes. Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of sauce and cubed squash.
Roll into logs.
6. Spray a baking dish with oil and pour a thin layer of sauce on bottom of dish.
7. Arrange rolled tortillas in baking dish and smother with remaining sauce.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes and garnish with your favorite toppings like salsa, microgreens, and avocado.
Amy is a registered yoga instructor and food lover. She loves to get creative in the kitchen and prioritizes better-for-you ingredients as she believes, what we put into our bodies impacts our entire being. When we feel our best, we can show up as the best versions of ourselves. Amy’s passion is sharing inspiration so others can find joy and balance in their lives. Follow along with her @cocoforavocados on Instagram.