Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1 dozen
These delicious raw oatmeal cookies are wholesome enough to be enjoyed anytime of the day, especially for breakfast. Eat them dunked in a glass of almond or coconut milk, or crumble them up in a bowl and serve as "cookie cereal".
Ingredients 2 c oats
1 c almonds (soaked and dehydrate)
1/2 c brewers yeast
1/2 c psyllium husk
1/2 c honey
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c water
1/4 c *Irish moss gel
2 T cinnamon
1 t Celtic Sea salt
1 t vanilla
Directions 1) Process almonds into flour.
2) Add oats and pulse to a more fine but still coarse texture.
3) Pour into a mixing bowl along with remaining dry ingredients.
4) Process or blend all wet ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients and add raisins.
5) Dehydrate on ParaFlexx at 115 degrees for an hour then flip, remove ParaFlexx and continue at 105 degrees until dry but chewy. For a sweeter cookie add more honey or raisins. Enjoy with a glass of milk!
*Irish Moss Gel Preperation:
(Use 1 cup of water to 1/4 cup soaked irish moss. Irish moss should soak for 3+ hours before blending)
1) Blend moss and water until smooth