Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1 1/2 cups
So you've gone to the farmers market and picked up a bunch of luscious, juicy sweet strawberries and are wondering what to do with them all? How about get some friends together and have a berry chocolate dipping party using these amazing dipping sauce recipes by Megan McMurray! You will find here two recipes, one for a decadent dark dipping chocolate with plenty of rich raw cacao and a touch of lucuma and vanilla, and a white dipping chocolate with cacao, cashew, and coconut butters. Dip, drizzle, and bliss out!
Ingredients Dark Dipping Chocolate:
1 Cup cacao butter
1 Cup cacao powder
2 Tablespoons lucuma
pinch vanilla bean
1/2 cup clear agave or sweetener of choice.
*Optional- superfood powders 1 Tablespoon collectively.
White Dipping Chocolate:
3 Tablespoons cacao butter
1/2 Cup cashew butter
1 Cup coconut butter
2 Tablespoons clear agave or sweetener of choice.
vanilla bean- Optional
*Optional- 1 teaspoon light colored superfood powders.
Directions Dark Dipping Chocolate:
1) Using a low heat source, melt the cacao butter, preferably in a glass bowl. At the same time, place your sweetener in a dish and heat that up as well. I prefer to use my dehydrator for this.
2) Sift all powders in the melted cacao butter (This includes any superfood powders you may want to add.) and whisk together.
3) Place cacao butter/powder mixture back into the dehydrator for 5-10 minutes.
4) Take heated cacao mixture and add the heated sweetener. Whisk vigorously.
5) After the mixture is thoroughly combined, you have a chocolate that is ready to use for dipping or drizzling.
Dipping White Chocolate:
1) Using a low heat source, melt the cacao butter, preferably in a glass bowl.At the same time, place your sweetener, coconut butter, and cashew butter in dishes and heat them up as well. I prefer to use my dehydrator for this.
2) Whisk all heated butters together in a big bowl.
3) Sift vanilla and any superfood powders into the melted cacao butter/coconut butter/cashew butter mixture.
4) Whisk together.
5) Place mixture back into the dehydrator for 5-10 minutes.
6) Take heated mixture and add the heated sweetener.
7) Whisk, softly.
8) After the mixture is thoroughly combined, you have a white chocolate that is ready to use for dipping, filling or drizzling.
9) Dip cold treats and immediately place in the freezer.