Here's a great recipe that utilizes Dastony coconut butter in the frosting of these bite size lemon thyme cookies. Enjoy. Recipe courtesy of Susan Powers.
Lemon Thyme Cookies
3 cups cashews
1 lemon, juice and zest from (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1. Make cashew flour by processing cashews into fine powder. I used my high-speed blender with the dry container. (tip: blend in small batches to prevent making cashew butter)
2. Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, agave, coconut oil and thyme.
3. Stir wet and dry ingredients together.
4. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper or cookie sheet. Smooth into round with finger tip. Refrigerate until set.
5. Top with glaze and return to refrigerator to set. These should be kept refrigerated.
Lemon Thyme Glaze:
1/3 cup Dastony coconut butter
4 tablespoons agave nectar
4 tablespoon lemon juice
lemon, zest from
sprinkle of thyme
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
Makes 2 dozen